Miyerkules, Setyembre 14, 2016

Learning Log #2

The 2016 ISTE Standards for Students includes the following: Empowered Learner, Digital Citizen, Knowledge Constructor, Innovative Designer, Computational Thinker, Creative Communicator and Global Collaborator. These standards are applicable to both teachers and students to achieve the foundational technology skills. It enables us to engage in the current trend of technology in order to be connected in the digital world. Aside from that, through these standards it can help teaching to be more effective for the students. Using technology to teach, to learn, and discover is what ISTE Standards are aiming for. 

What are the ISTE standards that you possess? Please cite specific personal experiences wherein you portray such standards?

                As a student, I believe that among those 7 standards I possess one of those and it is the Computational Thinker. It is where the students develop and employ strategies for understanding and problem solving. In this standard, students formulate problem definitions suited for technology-assisted methods such as data analysis, abstract models and algorithmic thinking in exploring and finding solutions. As a student, I love solving problems especially in math. There is a time when my Aunt approach me and share to me what their thesis all about. I was so interested to their study because it is an online game where a student should answer some problems in math using the technology and they called it Online Treasure Hunt. In this game a student must be a Computational Thinker in order to solve the problems that are given in the game. This game is a step by step game because you cannot go to the next level if you cannot answer the first question. The game requires student strategies in solving every given problems.

As a future teacher, how can I develop these standards in my students?
                First of all, I will make sure that my students would be properly engaged with the technology. My students should know what are the important things that they should get in using technology. They should know how technology helped them in their learning. After these, I will conduct hands-on activities involving these standards using the technology that will develop their skills in critical thinking and problem solving. I will make sure that at the end my students will also possess these standards to help them become more effective and competitive students that will conquer the digital world.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento